Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Preliminary Experiments With BJTs
I've just begun to experiment with bipolar transistor amplifier configurations powered by a 9V battery and this circuit gave an interesting clipped sound. I also made one that gave a clean boost but that's not as interesting to listen to. The output of the circuit was fed into a Roland keyboard amplifier. Interestingly (and a little sadly) when I got out the guitar to test this it was the first time I had touched it in months. The next circuit I tried had high current through one branch and it fried a pnp device in about ten seconds! I'll have to put my experiments aside for a while because of a heavy school load, lots of boring school assignments to finish this week.