Monday, August 18, 2008

bienvenidos bandits

Jon Stone may be making some progress with me, if this ever sees the light of day, and I suppose it will, rss will see to that. There will be no twittering or tweeting and minimal texting; texting will be a last resort, will be sounding alarms, will be getting out the fine china. The world and its trends aside, this could be a great value if only for the sake of record keeping. So may this be the time it sticks, and with good fortune this blog will not be found among the company of my previous abandoned blogs. For this blog I have no expectations and it will have no theme except for my life, anything about my life is fair game. I will let it change as I change and I hope this will be its saving grace.
Soon Marisa and I will have child #4, I will start my second year at ASU and I will stop working as an all-night airport taxi van driver. All these things should happen in the next month. The boys are already back to school, 5th and 3rd grade. Next year Shule will be in middle school, an undeniable example of just how much life really does change.
That crazy job I've been doing this summer has had ups and downs, I can't imagine taking that job as a long term career but people do it. I work from 5pm to 5am four or five shifts a week. Too much wasted time. The good days aren't quite good enough to make up for the bad days. You may remember Chris Farley from SNL "living in a van down by the river!", well I've been spending my summer "living in a van down by the airport!". That's what it feels like. I'm nervous about getting lost in the technical studies again because that takes a lot of focus and a lot of time too but I'm thinking it's better than living in a van down by the airport for the rest of my life.
I did get to see the whole Phoenix metro area which was interesting; I know my way around pretty well now.
Modern Differential Equations, Circuits I, Computer Assembly Language, Physics II electricity and magnetism
That is my course schedule, it's only 4 classes but it's going to be a lot for me, the novice electrical engineer. There are some significant labs in there. I will probably be tutoring College Algebra again for about 5 hours a week. I want to tune pianos on Saturdays and I'm really getting the urge to play some music in a band setting again. The memory of Radiohead on stage at Grant Park has the opposite effect of discouraging these urges. Thanks to a gift from Kelby, the Line 6 Toneport, I have new home recording capabilities. I've started a few songs but it will be weeks before I finish because I only work on it one or two hours a week. I got a very good deal on a drumset and learning to play it is a long term goal, separate post on drums coming soon.

1 comment:

jonstone said...

yay! and may your blogging be merry and bright (and regular).